Friday, May 6, 2011

Building a House

"Unless the Lord builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain."
Psalm 127:1

And so the question is not, "What kind of house are we trying to build?"
but rather, "Who is building our house?"

I spend so much time going over every detail, trying to empty out the needless junk and distractions from a dresser drawer my life.


I try to fit things into neat little boxes, but things are always spilling over. I find myself thinking, "I was not prepared for this. I am not equipped. I can't handle it."


When will I ever learn I'm not the one in control?


I have to stop trying to take things into my own hands--
I have to be present to the Spirit's work--
to leave my own agenda first and foremost every single morning--
to let God do his building.


I hear him whisper to me...
"It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for [I] give sleep to [my] beloved."
Psalm 127:2

You have indeed given me rest and peace.
You have indeed provided.
Help me remember, and live daily in such remembrances.

4 comments:

  1. looks like you have been able to organize things pretty well though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I'm trying! It's a slow process, packing up my life. I have to go through each drawer and recycle/throw out anything we don't need... which is a lot! It's also taking a lot longer with the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you have been able to organize things pretty well though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I'm trying! It's a slow process, packing up my life. I have to go through each drawer and recycle/throw out anything we don't need... which is a lot! It's also taking a lot longer with the baby.

    ReplyDelete